This recipe features the Health Food of the Week: Alfalfa Sprouts!
- 1 large tortilla (flour is fine but I like to use spinach or herb wraps when available for a little pizazz)
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup purple onion, cut into long strips
- a few slices of deli turkey (is totally just as tasty without for a vegetarian meal)
- 1/2 cup of some leafy green (I prefer romaine or spinach)
- a few pieces of diced up tomato, not too much to keep it from getting soggy
- a healthy handful of ALFALFA SPROUTS....these really make the wrap. trust.
Instructions (its so easy I feel silly calling it a recipe):
- warm wrap for 10-20 seconds in microwave to make it pliable
- spread hummus evenly across the inside of the wrap
- toss your ingredients a bit then dump them right onto the wrap
- fold the bottom first (crucial) and then tightly roll the rest up
- cut it in half diagonally or serve it whole like a burrito
Greatest thing about this recipe is that it is very versatile. It works with just about any vegetable you can think of so whatever you have on hand is fine. I've also tried this with mushroom, artichokes, avocados, zucchini....basically its really hard to mess this one up! Happy eating!